Thursday, October 31, 2013

Meatball Tacos

If your kids are like mine they seem to love Meat balls. There is just something about them that the kids just always ask for them.  So one day while making my list for dinners I thought hmmmm, kids love tacos and love meatball how about put them together.  So it went up on the menu and a few people asked about them so I did take photos and here it the how to.
I use 2 lbs of ground beef cause I have boys that eat like there's no tomorrow.  If you want to just do
1 lb this will still work just cut back on some of the mix ins.  
For every lb of meat I use 1 cup of oats, ( so mine I used 2 cups) then I added a packet of taco seasoning (if you do 1 lb use 1/2 of taco seasoning) then I dump (I don't measure much of anything I like to dump and pour and guess) some red enchillada sauce in a small can of green chilies and 2 eggs.  
Mix all together, if seems a bit to mushie then add more oats to soak up some moisture.  
Next make them in to balls (you can pick the size you like for your family) and then roll in flour.

Then when you have a full tray you fry them in some oil not a lot but about enought to coat the pan about 1/4 inch or so, just to brown the outsides

Then put them in a pan and cook in oven at 400 for about 30-45 minutes
 (make sure cooked all way through)



then you just assemble them and enjoy.
They were a total hit.  Now that I have thought about it
you could still do 2 lbs and freeze the ones you don't use and have them next time so no need to wait just pop in microwave and enjoy.  Could also use them on taco salad.  
Hope you get to try them let me know if they worked for you.






No comments: