Wednesday, February 13, 2013

AYFKM!!!!

     Are You Freakin Kidding Me!
(AYFKM)
I just watch a few clips on Yahoo! this morning and I have to vent.  
(please know this is my opinion and as such on my blog I am allowed)
There is a young womanhttp://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/utah-teen-kicked-class-because-her-hair-color-192700681.html in a Utah middle school that has been dying her hair a very pretty shade of red  it makes her feel beautiful!  I know this feeling when I color my hair I do feel lighter, happier and even more confident. But this school decided that cause in the sunlight it cast a shade of pinks and purples it was deemed a distraction and gave her a suspension! 
There is a young man growing his hair out for Locks of Love he is just 1inch away from being at the 10 inch mark for it to be used to make wigs for children with cancer.  What did the school do? 
Threaten the boy with school suspension.  
This makes me yell AYFKM!  Have we really come to a place where we can't do things to make us feel better or help others?  
My son hasn't cut his hair for almost 3 months now he is growing it out for http://www.stbaldricks.org , which is an organization that raises money for Children's cancer. (if you want to donate to my son's cause please let me know in an email he is trying to raise $100). 
Last night my daughter was having me paint her nails for awareness week at school, Wednesday was purple for domestic violence.  While doing this my son and nephew decided to do the same.  So yes today my boys and girl had purple nails at school.  If I had gotten a phone call saying my boys were in going to be suspend over this I would turn into a MOMMA BEAR and have to rip into someone. 
It made me proud that they did this to show support of a cause! Why have we come to a point in life where we can't do this or we can't do that?  I am not one easily offended by things in fact I see most things as a GOOD FOR YOU that you are doing that when it is a worthy thing. 
But Burn a Flag and I will be all up in your face!
So I just need to vent and BTW my boys will have Pink nails tomorrow for another cause!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Amen. I read that article. Marly would have been kicked out of school a long time ago. Distracting? Give me a break. Good post.

Becca said...

To tell you the truth I couldn't even read it or watch it because just the name of it made me angry! I hate that people cannot see that things can be done for good, and are not dilberately out there to make life uncomfortable for others!! SO AMEN SISTA!!