Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter!

So I was sitting on the couch the other night and over heard my two older kids talking about Easter and how great it was the waking up and having baskets with candy and eggs in them.  Mind you I was sitting on the couch on Wednesday night hearing this.  So my mind went HOLY COW they love Easter? What am I going to do I have nothing, NOTHING! for them.  I thought I always can rely on the great lesson in the true meaning of Easter.  That Jesus Christ suffered for our sins, died on the cross and then was resurrected. What great knowledge that we have that the Atonement to help us through this life.  These stories I heard as a child always made me smile and made me happy, not the candy basket or the new dress.  So I decided nah I am just going to go with the true meaning of Easter this year!  BUT......then it happened Saturday morning the kids and I attended our annual WW SCOTT family Easter breakfast and the kids got their normal goody bag filled with much much more then they should ever have CANDY! In the truck again they went on and on about how great Easter is. Ok Ok Ok I get it!  So there I was in Wal-Mart with all the other last minute buyers getting things for their baskets.  Nothing major because my shoe string budget says there is no way your buying candy when it takes $90 to fill your SUV.  Dude reminded me that we had gotten the kids Harkins t-shirts (free popcorn for the rest of the year) and that I can use in my baskets.  All baskets filled and set out.  We woke from papers (which came late AGAIN) very late in the day and heard the kids happy with delight over their Easter Baskets.  We talked about the true meaning of Easter as jelly beans were popped into mouths.  I know my kids love Easter and the true meaning of it, this I am very grateful for.  Even if they like their candy a tiny bit more for now!

No comments: